Essentials Waxing Treatment Overview
Hot wax is suitable for smaller areas of coarser hair and we strongly recommend this for sensitive areas such as a Brazilian wax, bikini waxing and underarm. Hot wax is especially suited to a more sensitive skin. Strip wax is suitable for all areas and is quick and effective.
There are a number of conditions that are not suitable for waxing treatments such as varicose veins, thread veins, very sensitive skins and certain medical conditions that may affect the healing of the skin. Our expert waxing therapist will offer advice concerning these conditions and discuss alternative treatments.
For unrivalled and exceptional waxing results on even the most delicate and sensitive areas of the face and body we use Caron wax. Its blend of soothing ingredients actively reduces skin redness and sensitivity with exceptional results every time.
Alternatively you could try Laser Hair removal, which is a longer term solution to unwanted hair.
|Full leg (incl bikini)||€45|
|Upper Leg (incl bikini)||€35|
|Lower Leg (incl bikini)||€40|
|Full arm (incl underarm)||€28|
|Sides of face||€15|
|Californian (ultra tidy)||€35|
|Upper Leg & Californian||€45|
|Lower Leg & Californian||€48|
|Full Leg & Californian||€55|
|Brazilian (Small Strip)||€45|
|Upper Leg & Brazilian||€60|
|Lower Leg & Brazilian||€65|
|Full Leg & Brazilian||€70|
|Hollywood (totally bare)||€60|
|Upper Leg & Hollywood||€70|
|Lower Leg & Hollywood||€75|
|Full Leg & Hollywood||€85|
|Sides of face||€15|
Before & After Care for Waxing
Before Your Waxing appointment
- It is best to leave at least three weeks of re-growth before making your appointment to ensure the hair doesn’t break during treatment. This will allow the wax to grip the hair effectively, pulling it from the root, which will ensure a smooth finish.
- Prep the area during the week prior to your appointment by exfoliating the area to be waxed. This will open up the follicle and minimise the chance of ingrown hairs occurring.
- On the day of your waxing appointment do not apply any creams or lotions on the area to be treated.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
After Your Waxing appointment
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes to avoid friction on the area.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to fall into a growth cycle that gives the best results. Please do not shave between your appointments, if you would like to maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.
At essentials we offer a variety of waxing treatments including Brazilian wax and bikini waxing in Dublin 4. Our expert wax therapists provide an environment of privacy, hygiene and comfort, whether you wish to book a Brazilian wax , a bikini waxing or a facial wax. Waxing is a very popular and successful treatment. The effects will last for between 4 to 6 weeks on the body and up to 2 weeks on the face. This will vary with the individual re-growth and is normally faster in the warmer months of the year. As the hair is removed from the root it grows back with a fine soft tip.